Sunday, July 31, 2016

July Happy Dance

Hello dear friends.
Yes, I (or we?) finally have a finish for the month!
Let me refresh your memory... this is little niece' part, the left side yellow border, including that tiny knot occupying two squares. Overall, that side looks decent. Yep, I didn't bother fixing it:

 And I also followed some of your advice, I backstitched "and" in 976 (a darker shade of the orange button below):

 And here's the ecru all done on the machine:

TA-DA!
Make Do and Mend
Cross Stitcher Magazine (issue:05/2012) 
14ct. Light Blue Aida

Now back to my Prairie Stars and the restart.
Thanks for visiting. Happy Stitching!

10 comments:

  1. Congrats on the super cute finish Gominam. I can't even see the mistake in the border.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the lovely finish!! The sewing machine with the thread and spool is my favourite part:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this design and hope to stitch it at some point, and I hope it'll look as good as yours when I do! We've had a heatwave here lately so my little burst of stitching mojo disappeared completely - I just can't stitch in heat...:((( So it's still crochet... sorry...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh the backstitching helped a ton. Great job! Congrats on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely finish and how sweet that your niece added a stitch or two!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your finish! I like the "and" backstitched in the darker orange - good choice!
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finish, the backstitch was a really good idea. I love that you left the little knot and stitches your niece did too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! Kudos on the finish.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it! I love that you left her stuff in there too it makes it more homey feeling :)

    ReplyDelete