Sunday, February 19, 2017

Trip Buys (lots of pictures, not stash)

Hello friends. I hope you're all having a pleasant Sunday.
Last time I posted I took part in Jo's Secret Stitching Sweetheart blog hop. In case you haven't hopped around, I will show my piece at the end. It's a kit I bought long time ago, I used everything in it except for the flimsy needle.

I still haven't sorted out pictures from the vacation, still a little tired from going back to work right away. But I had to dig these awesome ones for something worth your while... Don't blink your eyes now for this will be one of those rare occasions that I'll post my picture (oops, I think I just lost my readers, hahaha):
I almost gave up on searching in souvernir shops for a porcelain thimble... I found this one in a downtown shop in Fremont Street.
We also saw some thrift shops, I begged my friend for us to make a quick stop, so straight to the magazines and craft books department I went. Unfortunately, not a lot of good stuff...
 These booklets were 0.99cents each and "the Guardian" kit was $2.99. I'm not going to do this kit (18ct. aida) but I just like the colors of the threads which I can hopefully use in some of the samplers.
And now for the main event... When you're in Vegas, make sure to stop at... The Stitcher's Paradise! 
We missed a turn and had to turn around. It was a Saturday, and guess what? They close at 4pm (didn't do my research, LOL). What time we arrived? 3:40pm! So I was in such a hurry. Some of the pictures are taken by my friend while waiting for me get my wits together. Oooh, so many nice things in that shop! Good news, there's another stitcher who came in after me, and the two owners gladly helped both of us.
So many adorable charts...
 and gorgeous finishes on display (stitched by the two lovely ladies who own the shop). Swooning allowed LOL.
 
 

 
 the rest of the floss and fabrics are in another room:
since I didn't have enough time to go through the charts, I went straight to the counter to ask for what I'm looking for after getting some variegated DMC and some Anchor floss (that took me ten minutes, I think).
 and here's the chart I got (which I wasn't able to get online during my Sampler hauling last Christmas):
That's it for my stitchy purchases. Next time, I will be more prepared.
Now here's my second finish for the year, my blog hop entry, the mystery WIP I was talking about a few posts back.
 
 The Snail Couple
I'm so happy I finished all the backstitch before deadline!

Thanks for visiting. Happy Stitching!

15 comments:

  1. What a great shop!! Full of stitching treasures!!
    Really like your sampler purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like an awesome shop. Its been many many years since I have been in a shop. I love your snail couple. May I ask who the designer is.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I am so glad we got to see YOU! :D I enjoyed the pictures. And your Valentine stitch is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Twenty minutes in that shop...just think what damage you could have done in an hour or more! I love your snail couple, they're adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh I totally forgot they had a stitching store when we went a few years ago. Looks like a very nice store too. Thanks for sharing the pics. Glad you found a thimble finally. It's sure a HUGE place when looking for something. I just LOVE your snail piece. It was one of my favorites from the blog hop pics.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful shop but those pictures on the walls make me twitch! I'd be there straightening them all up!
    I think it's probably a good thing for the budget that you got there so late in the day too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an awesome looking LNS! If I ever get to Vegas I know what the number one stop will be on my list. The Snail Couple is so cute. Congrats on the finish!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the thimble! Great shop!
    I love your snails ..... so cute! Gosh you did well stitching all the backstitching in time!
    I like the sampler!
    Like you I've bought a few charts in charity shops ..... just for the threads! Not found a use for them yet though!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Only 20 minutes in such a wonderful shop? Such a pity. But good that you could get some threads and that great sampler chart by Moira Blackburn.
    I love the snails that you were stitching for Jo's blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stitchers Paradise looks like a nice shop! That little thimble is adorable! I usually get a postcard or two from each place I visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow great pictures! I'm glad you had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh wow what a fantastic shop!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thankyou for posting these lovely photos of this needlework shop, I will certainly be visiting if I am ever in Las Vegas!
    I love your stash of samplers you purchased in the previous posts, I loved them all!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice ro see a place with somewhat of a reputation has such a good stitching shop and a good buy at the thriftshop. When in America (I am from Europe) for only 6 days we visited a thriftshop (I am a devoted thrifter at home) no sewing articles, but I got a porcelain girl tablebell, which did me think of my since childhood favourite books, later TVseries Little House, the porcelaine figurine that survived all the movings and was Ma Ingalls true treasure (besides husband and girls of course) so it had to come home with me for just 5 dollars! What I do not get is the "it is 18 count, so I will not stitch it""or "it is aida". This is a complaint I often read, the fabric is not right in thriftfinds, so only use the yarn. I have for over 45 years been exchanging the count of fabric or the cheesecloth fabric for fabrics and counts to my liking: cheesecloth for evenweave, 25 coumt for Aida 18 ct or 18 for 14 ct, my mother cross stitched till she was 105 years old, she stopped a year before she died, and I had to replace high counts with something lower. As long as the yarn was dmc it never caused any problems, mostly there was enough yarn to finish the picture. So, if you love a thrifted picture, but not the count, exchange the fabric. It is easy to establish the cloth you need to perchase, just count the crosses horizonally and vertically and adjust the total of fabric tot the count you want to use. After all, you are the master of what you stitch and it is allowed to do away with the cross stitching police. Anyway, giving in to that police takes a lot of fun away from the pleasure of stitching. Reina

    ReplyDelete
  15. That shop looks packed with so much fun stuff, twenty minutes would not have been enough for me!

    ReplyDelete