Sunday, September 25, 2016

Look who's back with a happy (slow) dance

Hello dear blog friends. Missed you all, many thanks for the concern, felt so loved😉. 
The heavy punch came after my last post, yep, I got the full stretch of headaches, bodypain and cough. I had to take nighttime relief medication to ease the coughing to go to sleep. 
So, in between my drowsy state and the boredom confining myself in the bedroom, I got a lot of stitching done (would you believe that? I think I was really mentally "not normal" for I tackled a lot of...backstitching, haha).
And now I have a finish to show. No ailment can stop me from having this thing done. Not to worry, did double handwashing before I start and made sure not to cough on the thing😷.
 For the Record
Cross Stitcher Magazine, June 2016 issue
14ct. white Aida

I did a lot of changes with the words to make it in "tune" with DH. Here's the original from the digital copy (I used DMC, but the chart also has Anchor and Madeira conversion):  
 
I took out "FA LA LA" coming out of the phonograph and put more musical notes instead. I don't know, but to me it sounded like a Christmas carol and surely I don't want this to be a seasonal piece. I also adjusted the staff to accommodate the word POP on top of the player.
 Instead of TUNE (what is that anyway?), I put SOUL, and for ELECTRO, I put NEW AGE,
 For CLASSICAL, I placed JAZZ, which I think complements the trumpet. For the Amp Speaker, it will be redundant to have ROCK (which is already on the drumset), so I decided on BLUES,
 And R&B took the place of JAZZ beside the microphone.
 Another look:

 I already have the frame to go with it, so I'll be posting about it next time. More good news, I still have a week of vacation to spend.

Thanks for visiting. Happy Stitching!

12 comments:

  1. Lovely!! I love all your changes and you're right Fa La La is a bit Christmassy, so had to go ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a super job you did! It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the stunning finish Gominam.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the Happy Jive for this finish! I love your changes to the words too. It makes it more personal to hubby. I am sure he will love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. o yay this looks awesome and now the mister can be suitably surprised by it haha! Glad you were able to stitch while sick. It's always a recipe for disaster for me if I try it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic finish. Love that you made changes to suit, makes it so personal. Hope you enjoy the rest of your vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous finish, congratulations. And I love the changes you made so that it meets your husband's taste. And you are right - fa la la would refer too much to Christmas.
    I hope that you are feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great and I love your changes! Congrats on your finish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely finish!! You are a dedicated stitcher wife ;) some credit goes to him as well for staying away from seeing eventhough he knew - something is stitching there:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, I'm so impressed that you managed to stitch whilst being under the weather...!
    And the end result is stunning! I love the changes you made to the piece to fit your husband's taste; if you hadn't showed us I'd be non the wiser:)
    It is gorgeous; well done!
    On a personal note I'm working a lot on my crochet Christmas gifts, and I haven't had the money yet to send for some more threads for the PS project so general stitching progress is slow right now...:(

    ReplyDelete