Saturday, January 21, 2017

First Finish, Start and Fabric

Hello blog friends.
I'm excited for this weekly update... because I finally have a finish for this month. So here is the first finish of 2017!
Black-capped Chickadee
"Here's to the Chickadee"
Crossed Wing Collection
16ct. French Lace Aida
 Just a small one. Can't seem to get the color right with the camera.
 After this, what else should I do but take on another start, another chickadee!
 
It's almost the same (small) size, but the leaves are of different color. Again, I forgot to jot down the name of this one (what I have is a working copy).
Lastly, my fabric parcel intended for samplers: 

 I got the largest size because it's cheaper. All 16ct aida (still afraid to try linen and evenweave😕 - Wren and Legacy by PTP, and antique white and smaller antique misty blue. I haven't decided on which sampler to stitch.
As always, your comments are very much appreciated.
Thanks for visiting. Happy Stitching!

15 comments:

  1. I love your little bird finish - I love stitching birds myself. But it's quite a while since I stitched one, so I think I have to go through my bird charts today and see what I can find. Lovely new chickadee start. And great fabric for samplers that you received.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that chickadee is so very sweet! You should really give evenweave a try. Really. It is not much different than aida. Try it, you will see. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your finish is absolutely gorgeous. I love the Chickadee designs and cannot wait to see progress on your next one.
    Also looking forward to seeinf sampler stitching in the future:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the cute finish and start Gominam. Love your new fabric.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love birds too and your two are going to make such a sweet pair! Your new fabrics are lovely but you really should try evenweave, it's not difficult at all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely finish! Nice selection of fabric colours, have fun matching them to just the right sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well done on your first finish for the year! Love your little bird - he is very cute :o)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the beautiful finish !! Good progress on the next one. Looking forward to see your stitching on the new fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE you little bird finish, it's so super sweet!! You've made a great start on the next one too. Your fabrics look really nice, looking forward to seeing the samplers.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your little finish. We get those birds here at our feeders. Too cute! Great new start. Great fabric stash. Can never have too much.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your Chickadee looks great! I look forward to seeing the next Chickadee! Love the fabric you bought, Wren is very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely finish and new start.

    Oooh those fabrics look gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely work on your little birds. I like the antique brown fabric, that will look lovely for a sampler.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful finish and new fabric :)

    ReplyDelete