Friday, January 1, 2016

Hauls and Goals

Hello dear friends. Still reeling from karaoke hangover last night...Happy 2016! Thank you very much for all your nice comments, advice and visits to my blog last year. I hope that you continue to encourage and inspire more stitchers in 2016.
Last post I mentioned that I’ll be writing about my goals, but before that let me show you the goodies I got for Christmas.
That’s what you do when you get free rein in choosing your own Christmas presents, you dash off with your long list to pick everything before DH notices what you've been up to, haha.
My first purchases were done online:
Hitchin' a Ride by Waxing Moon Designs, Shepherd's Christmas by Chessie & Me, Pumpkin Hollow Farms by Little House Needleworks, Smitten by All Through the Night,
Begin Row by Bent Creek. I have already kitted this up last week and have put in the first stitches today to "begin" the new year! 
To keep up with my Christmas carol stitching, I chose O Tannenbaum Sampler by Stoney Creek.
"For the books" I picked up Read Between the Lines by Blue Ribbon Designs. I really slacked off last year, I don't remember purchasing a significant book (I still prefer paperback than digital), maybe this chart will inspire me to read more of books again instead of magazines (I cut two subscriptions this year). Flosstube has also taken some of the spare time used to watch Korean dramas. We'll see about that this year.
I also got some supplies: Touch of Gray and Ice Blue (online), both 16ct, yay! But I will still use some 14ct of course. I also picked up some DMC floss, more fabric and adhesive boards (for framing) from Joann Fabric Store with their discount coupons. 
From China, I bought 3 kits- Butterfly Fairy and Lily Fairy. The other one hasn't come in yet.
Halloween Fairy by Nora Corbett was originally released in a magazine years ago. Good thing it's available as paid digital download from Herrschners.
I am still waiting for 3 Prairie Schooler charts. I had to get them out from my wishlist because they will be closing this year. 

Now here are my Goals for the year:
1. Participate in another blog hop. I totally enjoyed my hop initiation last Christmas, and I'm already excited to join one again. 
2. Finish Summer Fragrance and Petal Fairy. I hope I can finish Petal Fairy during the first quarter.
3. Stitch Magazine charts:
I want to do Houses of Peace to complement Houses of Love which was done last year. 
I'm also going to do the cover photo on the magazine for my bestfriend who's moving west after 6 years in Maryland to be closer to family and relatives.
I also want to stitch this piece below (I have bought some embellishments for it too):
4. Do a Soda Stitch:
5. Try 18ct. for the first time:)

These are off the top of my head, don't want to burden myself with much planning ahead and ambitious ideas. I want to keep my options open and enjoy every single stitch:)
Now I'm off to read other stitchy blogs.
Thanks for visiting. Happy Stitching.

14 comments:

  1. Wow, great new stash! I have the same Soda Stitch little cupcakes.... they should be fun to do!
    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year! That is what I like to do. Have a few ideas for the year ahead, but not burden myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those new charts of yours and really look forward to following your progress during the year! I really want to get some Prairie Schooler charts too, but it is soooo expensive to pay the delivery to Sweden...but I must!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck on your goals! I adore the hitchin a ride chart but they're all great! Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh how I love all of your new stash. Love the ones you've picked so far to stitch.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like you had a great Christmas with lots of stash. :) I like 16ct (or 32ct), too.

    Good luck with your 2016 goals!

    Happy New Year :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love all your new projects. Can't wait to cheer you along!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, oh, oh, look at all this new stash. And oh, so many designers that I love, too. Great idea to start this year's stitching with BEGIN. And I have to add another oh, oh, oh, so many books to read. Books and stitching, is there anything better to spend your time with? Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great stash!! :) How nice of you letting your husband make you happy with all these gifts;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely new stash! Good luck with your goals

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great goals for 2016 - I love Soda Stitch too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So much loveliness! So much new stash!
    I really like the Peace on black and the Tannenbaum. I like that it has the German and English words on it.
    Looking forward to seeing what you share with us this year.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good luck with all your goals for the year. (I know what Begin will look like now too.)

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh what great projects :) you are going to be busy! Happy new year..and to DH too haha :)

    ReplyDelete