Saturday, January 30, 2016

East to West

Hello dear friends. First of all, I want to let you know I really appreciate the vote of confidence on my stitching deadline:) Truly nice to read about your kind comments:)

So, after a heart-pounding stitching night, look what's flying from east to west today:
TA-DA!
 No frills framing. I used white adhesive board. The margin was a tad smaller on the right, but I didn't have the luxury of time to undo it. DH said it's not that noticeable.
Here are some close-up shots to show the details (backstitch and gazillion french knots that made me crazy):
 I love the contrast lines on the this tree,
 as well as the multi-colored flowers... no two french knots are alike, but they still look good to me!
 DH mailed this along with a cute white store-bought (sorry, didn't have enough time to make my own) card. One thing's for sure, my friend genuinely appreciates anything she isn't expecting.
Now that my heart and mind have calmed down, I'm already putting grid lines on the latest addition to the rotation, something about February:)

Thanks for visiting. Happy Stitching!

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on the gorgeous finish and framing job. Your french knots look great.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the lovely finish !! Your friend will be so happy to receive it :)
    The tree is outstanding and I also loved the details on the gate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow that looks brilliant! You did a great job with the framing - and the French knots!
    I'm sure your friend will love it. What a lovely surprise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, it's done. And it looks absolutely gorgeous. It was worth doing all the French Knots and the backstitching, it's a wonderful finish. Your friend will be thrilled.
    I'm looking forward to seeing your new start.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats it turned out great! It's okay if no two French knots are alike because there are no two flowers alike :). The framing looks lovely I'm sure she will really appreciate it

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hooray! Congratulations on a fantastic finish and gift.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love all the details. The hatching lines on the tree are wonderful, such a clever idea.
    And flowers are not all identical so it doesn't matter if your knots aren't either!
    I'm sure your friend will love it as much as we all do.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is stunning and looks perfect in the frame you've chosen:) Your BFF is on lucky gal:)) As usual I love following your progress on you stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, well done!! It looks awesome & I'm sure your friend will be very happy with it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wohoo! It looks beautiful and perfect. Great job on the finish!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks great--congratulations on a wonderfully framed finish :)

    ReplyDelete