Monday, December 12, 2016

What I'm guilty of

Hello blog friends! 
I'm back (to blogging). It's been almost three weeks without posting. I missed you. Trying to catch up with the reading.
Frankly, I wasn't too keen with the changes in Blogger, still getting used to the minor changes.
So what have I been doing since Thanksgiving? Gift shopping, wrapping, mailing. Happy to say that all gifts for out-of-state have been mailed, the last batch sent last week. Had to rewrap two of them as the postage went up more than my budget ($46 just for one box going to Canada, oh no, don't want to spend that much on a single package, had to take out some of them). 
What else have I been up to? Hauling! Shopping for my own presents, LOL. Unfortunately, I had to email a seller as it has been more than a month without a word on the status. I got my answer after a week and said they'll be posting it today, well let's see. Why can't they just say out-of-stock on their website before you hit that order button. 
But I'm happy, for I received my Aida fabric order from reliable 123stitch (ordered some more this week):
14ct.vintage blue whisper (10x18), 16ct. pewter (18x21), 16ct. antique white (1yd), 16ct. country french cafe mocha (36x51), 18ct. vintage country mocha (1yd), 18ct. vintage smokey white (36x43)
What's unusual with this line-up? 18count! Yes, my first! Actually I've started stitching on it last weekend. Need getting used to it. 
I couldn't pass up on Joann's Black Friday sale either:
 
DMC - 4 for $1
Threads I bought for patterns I don't have yet, haha. I searched online for each sampler's floss list. 2017 will be a Sampler year for me. I bought books from Amazon as well (forgot to take a picture). Oh, and I also got the JCS Halloween DVD. I'm only drawn to 5 patterns, and started one with the 18 count (!), you'll see it later.
Having said that, let's go to stitching progress. My teeny weeny Christmas tree is now lit up,
and Reindeer is being backstitched,
 more blocks on Read Between the Lines,
 
 
 focused on these blocks,
 and my start from JCS Halloween DVD,
 Spells' Store
by Primitive Hare
JCS Halloween 2013 issue
18ct.. vintage smokey white aida

I felt it's okay to have a new WIP because...
I have a finish!!! But I can't show the whole piece yet for a reason. But here's a peek at the changes I made:
 
Darkened all the colors for the words to make it clear, here's a picture of the words from the leaflet (I changed Noel to Hope):

I'm also guilty of... not doing good on my 2016 goals. Ooopsy, I did great during the first half, had 4 finishes from that list... and was sidetracked with other patterns, haha.
To make up for it, I dug up an old magazine:
 Houses of Peace
Cross Country Stitching Dec.2010
14ct. black aida
I've already put in some red stitches, two shades, no picture. No expectations on getting this done by Christmas!
Lastly, here's the culprit of my blog absence...
After a long while, I was caught up again in the vortex of Korean drama, courtesy of Big niece. Legend of the Blue Sea (teaser on youtube).

Thanks for visiting. Happy Stitching.

9 comments:

  1. The blog break was nice though, wasn't it? House of Peace is soo nice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see everything is well. I always worry when bloggers take breaks that something bad has happened. Love your fabrics. Good luck getting used to the 18ct. Your WIPs look fantastic. The changes you made on your finish and perfect. Can't wait to see the rest of the piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely stitching and cute Christmas tree:) You are doing great on stash enhancement.
    Goals are just a wishlist for the year, people rarely complete it 100% . I am happy even if I get 20% achieved :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great new stash! I love the pewter one, it goes so well with so many designs.
    I am so so so jealous of your DMC thread bargain!! At that price, you could almost re-stock on the whole range.
    Great progress on all your projects, the small Christmas tree looks perfect.
    Really like your new start Houses of Peace. Will you be stitching it on a dark fabric? It looks fantastic & really make the colours pop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My you have been busy! I love Houses of Peace. As for goals, I think most of us over estimate how much we can get done because life gets in the way. In 2017 my goal is to just stitch and be happy with what I can get finished!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, it is a hectic time of year and we all need breaks. Your stash enhancement is great, I love the colors. Your WIPS are wonderful and I look forward to seeing your finish when you can.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I had already missed your posts. You have been so busy during the last weeks, so much stitching going on. Great finishes. And this new stash is gorgeous. There is nothing more pleasant for my eyes than a pile of DMCs, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Welcome back! Nice work on your stitching. I do like the Prim Hare Spells' Store. I have several of the JCS Hallowe'en issues and have a lot of the designs on my list!
    I do love the Christmas Sampler on black with all the bright colours and the changes you made to the Kettering on the shy project!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow so many lovely projects! Welcome back :) Obviously by my late comment I've been gone from blogland a while too!

    ReplyDelete