Sunday, October 30, 2016

Hallowe'en Trick or Treat Blog Hop

Happy Halloween!
It's time for Jo's of Serendipitous Stitching - Halloween Blog Hop! It's my first time to join the fun and this post is brought to you by the letter:
 
 That's a capital "I," as in "I" know it's blurry and "I" don't have much large alphabet stitches, "I" apologize.
Anyway, I've been wanting to join since last year but didn't have enough Halloween finishes then. Needless to say, I can't be satisfied with a spectatorial role anymore, haha. 
This is my latest finish (just last week!)
 
 Away We Ride
by Blackbird Designs
16ct. tea-dyed Aida
Shades of gray on the neverending border
Not spooky? This piece actually gave me a fright. More than the panic of trying to finish before the hop. Courtesy of my DH as usual... Proud as I am upon completing the task, I held it in front of him, "ta-da!" He looked at it and recited "Away we ride till it's dark as pitch, to find A home FOR the wicked witch." Aaahhh! Goodness, I thought my eyes would fall out. Since when have we decided to do social work for witches?

Here's another one made early this year:
 
 Pumpkin Hollow Farms
by Little House Needleworks
14ct. antique white Aida

And here was last year's: 
The Branch
(Come with me All Hallow's Night)
by Barbara Ana Designs
16ct. natural Aida
 There you have it, I'm a Halloween Hop virgin no more! So run along now, your next letter is from Leonore of Needle, Pen & Sword. Have fun!

Thanks for visiting!

25 comments:

  1. love The Branch! such a lovely one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for taking part in the Hallowe'en Blog Hop for the very first time! Great stitching too. I think we should find homes for the nice witches, not the wicked ones LOL.
    Also love The Branch and the Pumpkin Hollow too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Spook-tacular stitching!!! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your finishes! Away We Ride looks so great on the lighter fabric. It's in my stash, I may have to rethink my fabric choice! Happy Halloween:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your Halloween finishes! I hadn't seen "the Branch" before ... really cool!
    Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have awesome finishes and your stitching is beautiful! Thank you for sharing your letter. Have a save and Happy Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Away we Ride and The Branch have been quickly added to My Wish List. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on all of the gorgeous pieces.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those are beautiful finishes and great stitching and finish on your latest!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your branch. I've seen that one before, but have resisted it, might need to re-think that and get it anyways. Not sure I'll get it stitched in this life time, maybe next one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stitching, I love the BBD one

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome stitching! Good luck finding homes for the nice witches! Tee hee!
    Barbara x

    ReplyDelete
  13. They all look great, I really like The Branch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. There has been a lot of Halloween stitching going on here. Great, your latest Halloween finish.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I only manage to visit the blog hop today!Lovely collection you have there, I especially liked the Branch!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yay I busted my virginity on the halloween blog hop this year too!! I don't know why I waited so long to tell you the truth. It was painless and actually alot of fun. I couldn't be a spectator anymore either, I wanted to be a participator. I love all your projects. Especially The Branch. Hope you had a great halloween.
    xo Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! Three stunning finishes. Halloween Hop virgin no more, indeed. lol!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lol witches need homes too! Great finishes congrats on joining!

    ReplyDelete