Tuesday, October 11, 2016

A start and a finish

Hello friendly bloggers.
It's happy stitching progress and finish since I've last posted. I guess regular readers could guess what that finish is, so I'll reserve that to the end.
Here's the start I've been yapping about last week. I may have confused you, it's not another Christmas piece but was part of my haul last Christmas (yep, the presents for myself). I've added more blocks on it now, so it's no longer shy to pose for the camera (sorry it's not straight because it's on the bed):
 
 Read Between the Lines
Blue Ribbon Designs
16ct. Ivory Aida

And now for the main event,
Ta-da! 
 Prairie Stars
(all stitched together)
Prairie Schooler
14ct. White Aida
I wasn't quite happy with the Santa face backstitch, but what else can I do. I'm just glad all the blocks fit together though they are not all of same size. They are strategically placed for my story though, here goes (just follow each block):
The yuletide season is in full bloom (the flower), and Santa is ready with his presents for all the nice kids (but the sack looked more like a tiny Christmas tree). So when nighttime came (there's the moon, so it really is nighttime), he summoned his reindeer (who's just dancing in the snow) so they can start spreading Christmas Joy. Meanwhile, little kids have already hung their stockings (just two?), and when the last embers have died, Santa went down the chimney (again with his sack that looked like a tiny tree). This he did and finished all in one night while everyone was at the midnight mass. But lo and behold, when they arrived home, they found Santa left his boot too filled with more goodies (yep, that's a shoe right?).
And that, my friends, is why I'll never be a storybook writer, nor even a greeting card writer, haha. I'll stick with stitching.
Hey, there's more. I won't be posting any more progress on my Halloween piece. I hope I can complete that before Halloween so you'll see it on that day (pressure, pressure). So this blog will be boring if you'll only see one WIP, fear not, I have picked up another start! It's something nautical.

Thanks for visiting. Happy Stitching!

14 comments:

  1. Congrats on the gorgeous finish - I think your backstitch looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow you finished a beautiful design , love the story you put me in the Christmas mood .
    Happy stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great new project and well done on your finish. I enjoyed your Christmas story. Looking forward to seeing your Nautical theme project.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your latest finish, your PS looks so colourful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to see how this pattern tells the story of Christmas Eve. A great finish indeed. Congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the lovely finish!! :) Your story wasn't bad but you are definitely a better stitcher than a writer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so love your Prairie Stars stitched all together. Congrats on the great finish and new start.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on your Happy Dance for Santa and the great story too. Did they not come designed as one piece? You would never know, it looks perfect.
    Nice new start, very clever to do the boring borders first!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on the finish♥ Beautiful ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha, nice on the Christmas story! :D Prairie Stars look great stitched together. I knew nothing of the pattern so I thought they were supposed to be all one piece!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love, love, love your Prairie Schooler finish! It is gorgeous. They look great all stitched together.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the little story :). Congrats it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete